CNA/LNA Per Diem
Hospice of Havasu
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Skills and Ability:
- Under the direction of a RN or LPN, Certified Nurse Assistants/Licensed Nursing Assistant I are an important part of the patient care team. The CNA/LNA I will perform various direct basic patient care activities within his/her scope of practice in the home or facility setting. All care is designated in the patient’s plan of care as determined by Hospice of Havasu’s interdisciplinary team. This positon has no supervisory responsibility.
- Implement Hospice philosophy of care.
- Provide clearly defined nursing assistant measures such as: personal care, bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, and toileting to terminally ill patients in their home setting under the direction of a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Provide patients with help in ambulation such as: moving in and out of bed, stand by assistance, and/or transferring to and from a wheelchair.
- Turn and reposition bedridden patients, alone or with the assistance of another, utilizing proper techniques for patient comfort.
- Assist with creating and maintaining a safe home or facility environment.
- Assist patients at meal time and feed patients who are not able to feed themselves.
- Provide CNA/LNA tasks as arranged in the patient’s plan of care in an effective manner.
- Provide support to the patient and family to help meet the patient’s social and emotional needs including routine homemaker services defined as food preparation, cleaning, laundry, changing bed linens, and housekeeping.
- Assist Nursing Assistant Coordinator with organizing and stocking supplies.
- Maintain accurate, timely records of the care provided to the patient, their conditions, progress and /or problems, and report these observations to the Case Manager in accordance with policies and applicable regulations.
- Communicate the patients changing needs to the appropriate nursing personnel involved in that care keeping the Case Manager informed of any findings that require attention.
- Obtain clarification for additional instructions from the Case Manager when necessary.
- Provide effective communication with patients, families, caregivers, vendors and staff.
- Participate in the training of newly hired employees orientating them to their department.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively as part of the team to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Provide care in a respectful, dignified manner.
- Advocate for patient’s best interest.
- Attend all in-service trainings as scheduled.
- Attend the interdisciplinary team meetings as requested by a supervisor.
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures at all times.
- Practice safety in the workplace.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Keep Case Manager fully informed.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Ability to position self to move about, ascend, descend or traverse, transport, operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect or detect, perceive, identify, recognize, observe, inspect and assess are required. Ability to convey, communicate, speak clearly and exchange information, converse with, discern, and express oneself.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Graduation from a Certified Nursing Assistant Program.
- Must have and maintain Arizona CNA or LNA licensure/certification.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Two years of CNA/LNA experience preferred.
- Hospice philosophy of care preferred.
- Patient’s Rights.
- Knowledge and support of agency’s safety and OSHA policies.
- Understanding of HIPAA Privacy Standards and related agency policies.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with agency policies, including but not limited to documentation, continuing education, work schedules and required HR documents.
- Customer service principles.
Skills and Ability:
- Structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, alphabetization, rules of composition and grammar.
- Calculate general math computations.
- Organization and time management.
- Good written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Utilize proper body mechanics and safe working techniques.